Kylie Minogue Confirms New Single "I Was Gonna Cancel"


In a new interview with Rolling Stone, Kylie Minogue has confirmed that the next single from her new album, Kiss Me Once, will be the Pharrell Williams produced 
“I Was Gonna Cancel”.

Speaking about working with Pharrell, Kylie said: “I was really excited, because I would have loved to have worked with him years ago, so the time was meant to be for this album. It was interesting — I had a meltdown on day two in the studio, but that gave way to a fantastic song ["I Was Gonna Cancel"], which will be my second single.”

Kylie also revealed plans to release a total of four singles off Kiss Me Once. When asked if “Beautiful,” which features Spanish crooner Enrique Iglesias, was going to be a single, Kylie replied: “We’re hoping that’ll be a single as well. I hope we have four singles from the record — that’ll be amazing. “Kiss Me Once” is a contender as well.”

Kiss Me Once was released in America on March 18th. The LP peaked number thirty-one with first week sales of 12,000 copies, making it Minogue’s third highest charting album on the Billboard 200. Into the Blue, Kylie's first single from the album, is currently the number one song on Billboard's Dance Club Chart. “I Was Gonna Cancel” will reportedly be released in the UK on May 11th.

Special thanks to jaredbraden.com!

Share this:

CONVERSATION

1 comments:

Barbarella's Galaxy said...

Not too crazy about that one, but I guess it was inevitably going to be the next single.

I was pleasantly surprised that the album made it into the US Top 40 (although in it's second week it fell to #121!). With some promo in the US the album would probably have entered the top 20 and stayed around a little longer. Thrilled that "Into The Blue" is the current #1 on the club charts - the only US charts that matter to me anymore ;)

Hopefully Kylie will treat us to a fabulous video for IWGC. Like I said before, there are many other tracks I prefer on the album - but even though it is a great album, there doesn't seem to be a lot of potential hits on it (much like Madonna's last two albums, as well as the last two from Pet Shop Boys).